Healing hands are the best. In a recent article of Consumer Reports, 34,000 readers took part in a survey to determine what worked best in the treatment of back pain and headaches. Treatments were ranked as to what helped a lot, helped some, helped a little, or were no help at all. And the results…
– Chiropractic ranked ahead of all conventional treatments for back pain
– Deep Tissue massage ranked particularly effective in the treatment of arthritis and fibromyalgia
Massage and Chiropractic therapies are two practices that work well together to aid in the treatment of all pain and achieving total well-being. Both therapies are hands-on, natural and drug free and work on the cause of pain rather than the symptoms. In combination, both chiropractic and massage therapy can help a patient maintain a quality of life to the fullest.
Most people, however, don’t realize the many benefits of massage therapy. Your favorite Indianapolis chiropractor may recommend a massage for a variety of reasons:
– Massage therapy effects the physical health as well as emotional health.
– Blood vessels dilate improving circulation
– Increases the number of red blood cells in the body
– Acts as a mechanical cleanser by stimulationg lymph activity
– Relaxes muscle spasms and relieves tension
– Brings greater blood supply and nutrition to muscle
– Improves muscle tone helping to prevent muscle atrophy
– May have a stimulating or sedative effect of the patient
– Can assist in weight reduction
– Heightens tissue metabolism and nutrition
– Aids in the elimination of toxins and waste products thru the kidneys
– Assists in the retention of nitrogen, phosphorus and sulfur for bone repair
– Helps reduce joint inflammation and swelling
– Alleviates anxiety and depression
– Decreases the production of stress hormones
– Promotes an overall sense of well-being
– Can aid in the treatment of high blood pressure
– Greater flexibility can be obtained for greater range of motion
Chiropractic produces results by helping your nervous system work the way it should. Your brain, spinal cord and your nerves control every part of your body. If everything is aligned properly, messages from your brain can reach your muscles and your internal organs. However, if any part of the nervous system becomes misaligned, the chiropractor will perform an adjustment to help reduce any type of interfeerence. However, if your muscles are tight or restricted, these adjustments will not be as effective and not last as long. A massage can loosen and relax these muscles. That is why regular massage therapy is so important and beneficial in combination with regular chiropractic care.
Here at Meridian Chiropractic Clinic, we have two massage therapists that are available every hour the clinic is open. They are licensed massage therapists and proficient in all types of massage therapy from deep tissue to Swedish massage
Ask about the benefits of massage therapy and be prepared to feel great.